[svlug] Re: Preventing X Window display on console

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Tue Apr 13 23:00:52 PDT 1999

Ira Abramov wrote:
> configs filed as sessions like in an address book, for easy access. but
> full-screen XDMcp sessions are always my favourites, running Enlightment
> in a win98 window is so cool :-)

  to reiterate:

  you can run plain X server on win98 machine and still have your own
window manager, full screen X etc. just set the DISPLAY or run the
programs (like window manager etc.) with -display. I do it at work and
MY! how much better win98 look hidden behind the full screen X desktop
running fvwm2:-)

	erik

echo "unsubscribe svlug" | mail majordomo at svlug.org