[svlug] PCMCIA Kernel options?

Gies, Dennis dennis.gies at intel.com
Mon Nov 23 09:43:11 PST 1998

I added i82365 to rc.config but something still seems to be strange.
ifconfig informs me that I have two interfaces, loopback and dummy0.  When I
try to bring up eth0 using:

ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

I get this error:

SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK:  No such device

This is similar (or perhaps identical) to an error I got when I had the
wrong driver loaded for my Ethernet card on my desktop.  Furthermore, lsmod
lists only two modules: dummy0 and memstat.  I have tried to load at least
the pcmcia module using modprobe, but have had no luck (although this is
most likely due to my ignorance, rather than a real problem).  I do have the
module installed.

--
Dennis Gies
dennis.gies at intel.com