[svlug] New Computer
alvin at planet.fef.com
Fri Nov 20 21:03:04 PST 1998
hi ya rick/scott...
whilst most of ricks comments and concerns are valid..
you still put a lot of time into posting and replying...
( good )...
rick> o Get an AMD K6-2/300. That's the sweet-spot price, today.
I just bought the k6-2-300mhz myself...for $129 w/ fan
and mixed and matched all the parts I like...
- wish there was a bigger linux-friendly store...
instead of shopping several places to get a good deal...
( where one go and gets everything in one place
( w/o worrying about returns and rejects and etc...
anyway, fry's ( good-or-bad ) is sellina:
CTX K6-2-300mz system for $600
- amd k6-2-300mhz
- 32Mb sdram - donno brand name
- 3.2Mb UDMA - donno brand name, etc
- 3D stereo sound - donno brand
- 32x cdrom - donno brand
- stereo speakers - donno brand
- Win98 - yeah throw it out afterward
- donno why SVGA controller is not listed...
- donno why motherboard is not listed
they have these by the boxloads of um... and 17" monitors for $180 or so..
( a good thanksgiving present/toy to oneself I suppose )
and will it work for linux... ??? who knows...
- btw, frys have them FIC mb for $89....donno model...can't remember
guess am saying if you want to spend up to xxx dollars...
than you can always find a system that fits your budget and
hopefully the quality or performance or reliability will
be reflected in it over time of say 3months-5 years...
echo "unsubscribe svlug" | mail majordomo at svlug.org
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ to unsubscribe
see http://www.svlug.org/mdstuff/lists.shtml for posting guidelines.
More information about the svlug