[svlug] Silicon Valley Tea Party

Ian Kluft ikluft at cisco.com
Wed Nov 11 02:15:59 PST 1998

> From: John Conover <conover at inow.com>
> Not that I like MS, but the media will be there, and any form of
> confrontation would be inappropriate, and serve no ends.
>
> We don't need to win this battle-just the war.

Confrontation is not the point.  Thanks for the chance to clarify this
because undoubtedly others could have the same misconception.

At the Great Linux Revolt of 1998 back in June, the SVLUG people were
exceptionally well behaved.  We need to do the same thing.  Our presence
should be only annoying to MS officials because of the Linux CDs we'll be
handing out, all the Linux T-Shirts visible around, and the media coverage
afterward.  But we should not be annoying to the other guests at the
party - we want them to like us!

Remember, it is a party.  Don't forget to do the party thing too.  Have fun.
Eat.  Talk.  Meet people.  Tell jokes.  Laugh at jokes.  Etc.

   Ian Kluft <ikluft at svlug.org>

echo "unsubscribe svlug" | mail majordomo at svlug.org