[svlug] binding in mutt

Seth David Schoen schoen at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 1 17:14:36 PST 1998

Ze'ev Maor writes:

> On Sun, Nov 01, 1998 at 04:30:31PM -0800, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> > There are no pager commands called "previous-message" and "next-message".
> > You probably want "previous-entry" and "next-entry", or possibly
> > "previous-undeleted" and "next-undeleted".
>
> I'm sorry for the rather long reply, however I wanted you to see the original
> cut from the manual-6.html page, concerning pager commands, look further ahead
> and you'll see "previous-message" and "next-message".
>
> next-message               J   move to the next entry
> previous-message           K   move to the previous entry

If you press "?" in pager mode, you'll see that these commands have been
renamed to "next-entry" and "previous-entry".  The J key is now bound to
"next-entry" by default, and the K key is bound to "previous-entry"; it's just
a change of function names.  I'd guess that the online manual is no longer
current.

   Seth David Schoen L&S '01 (undeclared) / schoen at uclink4.berkeley.edu
He said, "This is what the king who will reign over you will do."  And they
said, "Nay, but we will have a king over us, that we also may be like all the
nations." (1 Sam 8)  http://ishmael.geecs.org/~sigma/   http://www.loyalty.org/

echo "unsubscribe svlug" | mail majordomo at svlug.org