[svlug] Discounts on O'Reilly Open Source Day
ockman at penguincomputing.com
Mon Aug 10 16:47:21 PDT 1998
Dear User Group Representative,
There's just one more week 'til Open Source (TM) Developer Day and the
Open Source Town Meeting! If you want to know the latest about the
opportunities and challenges of open source software development--and
hear from the leaders and innovators in the community--then register at
Remember--as a User Group member, you get a special rate of $156 to
attend Open Source Developer Day. That's 20% off the early bird
admission of $195 (after July 15, general admission is $295). Open
Source Developer Day registrants can attend the Open Source Town
Meeting for free.
If you don't attend Open Source Developer Day, you're still welcome to
come to its grand finale, the Town Meeting. Admission to the Town
Meeting is just $10. Both events are at the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose,
Here's a quick recap of the events:
Open Source Developer Day 9:00am-4:30pm
A full-day practical session on how to build successful open source
software communities and markets. Covers open source business models
and licenses. Presenters include:
- Larry Wall, creator of Perl; Senior Developer, O'Reilly & Associates
- Brian Behlendorf, a founder and member of the Apache group and VP of
Web Applications at C2Net Software, Inc.
- John Ousterhout, CEO, Scriptics Corp. and creator of Tcl
- Bob Young, President, Red Hat Software
- James Barry, http and WebSphere Product Manager, IBM Software Group
- Richard Stallman, founder of the GNU project.
- Jim Hamerley, Vice President, Client Products Division, Netscape
- Pamela Samuelson, Professor at the University of California at Berkeley
and co-director of the Berkeley Center for Law and Technology.
- Eric Raymond, author of "The Cathedral and the Bazaar," independent
developer, and Linux activist.
* Complete info and registration at http://opensource.oreilly.com/osdd.
Open Source Town Meeting 5:00-6:30pm
The first public gathering of the open source community. Tim O'Reilly
will kick off the Town Meeting by hosting a panel discussion on the
topic "Open Source is Open for Business." Joining Tim will be a panel
of open source heavy hitters, including many presenters from Open
Source Developer Day. There will be ample time for audience comment and
questions following the panel discussion. * Register at
Hope to see you in San Jose!
Sam Ockman | Penguin Computing - The Linux Company
(650) 938-7375 | Linux Workstations, Servers, ISP
(888) 876-9585 | Open Source Consulting, Training
ockman at penguincomputing.com | http://www.penguincomputing.com
echo "unsubscribe svlug" | mail majordomo at svlug.org
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ to unsubscribe
More information about the svlug