[svlug-announce] SVLUG Sept. 3rd meeting: Rick Moen, Mark Weisler, & others: Anecdote Night: Tales from Silicon Valley's Trenches

Rick Moen rick at svlug.org
Mon Sep 1 20:38:34 PDT 2014

WHEN:

Wednesday, Sept. 3rd, 2014
7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION

TOPIC:  Anecdote Night: Tales from Silicon Valley's Trenches

PRESENTED BY:
 Rick Moen, Mark Weisler, and others to be announced

TOPIC SUMMARY:
Over SVLUG's quarter-century, many of us have worked in Silicon Valley's
famous and not-so-famous firms using Linux/Unix for infrastructure.
We know from discussions over beer that many stories of life in the
trenches are utterly hilarious, others just fascinating.  This will
be an evening to come up to the podium and tell those stories.  Two
of our regulars will prime the pump with their own stories, but we hope
others will prepare for this meeting by writing crib notes for a
5-minute yarn and tell a story you think will entertain us, too.
(Please, consider stories without identifying individuals or firms:  You
want to respect those confidentiality agreements, and not burn any
bridges.)

We're also resurrecting a Homebrew Computer Club tradition called
Random Access, a portion of the even in which attendees may speak
up from the audience and either ask the SVLUG hive mind for help or
give us brief news, etc.  We ask only that people keep it brief and
at least vaguely relevant.

ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Rick Moen and Mark Weisler are longtime SVLUG core volunteers.
We hope other SVLUG members will also prepare brief anecdotes
and join us at the podium.

LOCATION:

 Symantec
 VCAFE Facility
 350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
 Mountain View, CA 94043

 http://www.svlug.org/directions/symantec.php

If you have any improvements to make, please let SVLUG's volunteers
know!  webmaster at svlug.org

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

restaurant/diner after the meeting:  Frankie, Johnnie & Luigi, Too,
939 West El Camino Real between Shoreline and Castro, Mountain View.