[svlug-announce] SVLUG Mar. 5th meeting: Paul Zander, Bob Smith, Marco Walther, and other Raspberry Pi fans

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 4 08:45:09 PST 2014

WHEN:

   Wednesday, Mar. 5th, 2014
   7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION

  TOPIC:  Raspberry Pi Workshop and Demo.  With Robots!

  PRESENTED BY:
    Paul Zander, Bob Smith, Marco Walther, and other Raspberry Pi fans

  TOPIC SUMMARY:
    See a demonstration of easy-to-use robotic hardware which appears to
    the programmer as a set of Linux device drivers.  Paul, Bob, and
    Marco will bring their Raspbery Pi single-board ARM-based computers
    to demonstrate what they can do.  Other Raspberry Pi enthusiasts
    are welcome to join in.

  ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
    Bob is a hardware designer and Linux user and programmer.  He takes
    pride in making sure all of his hardware designs have Linux device
    drivers. Paul is another a hardware engineer.  He finds the Raspberry
    Pi an amazing improvement over his first computer, which took up
    most of his workbench.  Marco Walther is a Consulting Member of
    Technical Staff at Oracle.  All three of our presenters are longtime
    SVLUG members.

  LOCATION:

    Symantec
    VCAFE Facility
    350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
    Mountain View, CA 94043

    http://www.svlug.org/directions/symantec.php

  webmaster at svlug.org

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

  restaurant/diner after the meeting:  Frankie, Johnnie & Luigi, Too,
  939 West El Camino Real between Shoreline and Castro, Mountain View.