[svlug-announce] SVLUG July 2nd meeting: James Briggs on "Devops and Release

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jul 1 17:04:42 PDT 2014

Canaries with Linux, CloudStack and MySQL Cluster"

Forwarding.

----- Forwarded message from Mark Weisler <mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us> -----

To: svlug-announce at lists.svlug.org
Subject: SVLUG July 2nd meeting: James Briggs on  "Devops and Release Canaries with Linux, CloudStack and MySQL Cluster"

WHEN:

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014
7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION

TOPIC:  Devops and Release Canaries with Linux, CloudStack and MySQL Cluster

PRESENTED BY:
 James Briggs

TOPIC SUMMARY:
Devops has in recent years revolutionized deployment and management of Linux
installations.  Join us for a talk about how T-Mobile HBS did continuous
deployment, and other related topics.

ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
James Briggs is an Internet computer programmer/DBA in Silicon Valley,
whos been programming for 20 years for companies like eBay, Cisco,
Yahoo!, Apple, Amazon and startups.  In his spare time, he does open
source programming and likes flying airplanes, karate and studying Asian
languages.

LOCATION:

 Symantec
 VCAFE Facility
 350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
 Mountain View, CA 94043

 http://www.svlug.org/directions/symantec.php

webmaster at svlug.org

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

restaurant/diner after the meeting:  Frankie, Johnnie & Luigi, Too,
939 West El Camino Real between Shoreline and Castro, Mountain View.

We look forward to seeing you there!

===============
( You will visit the Dung Pits of Glive )
( soon.                                 )
        .--.
       |o_o |
       |:_/ |
      //   \ \