[svlug-announce] SVLUG General Meeting, Wednesday, May 7th; Learn about CTL: Correcting Date to the 7th.

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Mon May 5 13:11:10 PDT 2008

The meeting is really on the 7th- a Wednesday, as usual. -Sorry about the
typo.
Join the Silicon Valley Linux Users Group (SVLUG) this coming Wednesday to
learn about CTL.

 WHEN:
   Wednesday, March 7th, 2008
   7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION:
CTL is a new open source software project providing a cross-platform command
dispatching framework for distributed application and system management.

PRESENTED BY:
Alex Honor

 TOPIC SUMMARY:
 CTL - this page has more information on the presentation:
http://ctl.controltier.com/presentations/lugod-intro.pdf

   ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Alex Honor is a developer and open-source project-leader for ControlTier
Software. Alex has been designing and implementing automation and
administration solutions for over 15 years. He was head of architecture and
system engineering at E*TRADE, where he led the scaling of infrastructure
from one app on 3 nodes to dozens of apps across thousands of nodes in
multiple datacenters. Alex has held engineering and operations management
positions in government and startups always focussing on distributed systems.
His current focus is on CTL, a next-generation automation framework, for
system and application administration. Alex also provides design consulting
to ControlTier's SaaS and ecommerce customers to automate their online
operations.

 NIFTY OF THE MONTH:
None this month.

 LOCATION:

   Symantec  (formerly Veritas Software Corp.)
   VCAFE Facility
   350 Ellis Street  (near E. Middlefield Road)
   Mountain View, CA 94043

   http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.php

   webmaster {at} svlug -dot- org

 MEETING REFRESHMENTS:

None planned for this meeting.

 POST-MEETING GATHERING:

   restaurant/diner after the meeting.  We'll announce the restaurant
   selection at the meeting.

Mark Weisler