[svlug-announce] Donating 500 F/OSS Computers to Schools... SATURDAY!! (Pizza & Schwag from Mozilla!!)

Andrew Fife afife at untangle.com
Wed Feb 27 15:24:12 PST 2008

Hello SVLUG:

This is a reminder that the SVLUG's next installfest is taking place this
Saturday (March 1st) in San Mateo (2800 Campus Drive) as a part of the
Installfest for Schools.  We're trying to donate 500 Ubuntu computers to
Bay Area schools and we need your help!

If you can lend a hand by installing Ubuntu on a computer to be donated,
please signup at one of the four locations (San Francisco, San Mateo,
Berkeley or Novato) here:

  http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Installfest

Untangle and the ACCRC refurbishing hundreds of older/discarded computers
that the ACCRC has collected with Ubuntu and donating them to Northern
California schools.  We need support from the F/OSS community to help with
the installs.  We have automated as much of the install as possible so
anyone can help regardless of their experience level. Of course we'll get
error messages so we need gurus also!  ...And the Mozilla Foundation is
bringing pizza & schwag to each location!  Thanks Mozilla!

Installfest for Schools homepage:

  http://www.untangle.com/installfest

Can't make the installfest but still want to help????  Help get the word
out by blogging about it, Digg it or Slashdot it:

http://slashdot.org/bookmark.pl?url=http://www.untangle.com/installfest

http://www.digg.com/submit?url=http://www.untangle.com/installfest&phase=2

Why the event is cool:

  -Helps spread F/OSS (Ubuntu, Firefox, OpenOffice & more)

  -Helps bridges the Digital Divide with underprivileged users

  -Keeps toxic computer equipment out of landfills (Aprox 25,000 pounds)

  -Is a cool community effort

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andrew Fife
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway