[svlug-announce] SVLUG General Meeting on Wednesday, August 1st: Securing Internet Name Servers

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Mon Jul 30 04:38:44 PDT 2007

Join the Silicon Valley Linux Users Group (SVLUG) this coming Wednesday
to hear from Cricket Liu about securing internet name servers.

WHEN:
 Wednesday, August 1st, 2007
  7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION:

  TOPIC:
In this presentation, Cricket will discuss the types of threats name servers
on the Internet are regularly exposed to, including cache poisoning
("pharming") and denial of service attacks. He'll go on to describe ten steps
administrators can take to secure their Internet-connected name servers.

PRESENTED BY:
Cricket Liu
Vice-President of Architecture, Infoblox

ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Cricket Liu is author for O'Reilly and Associates of all of the publisher's
books about the TCP/IP Domain Name System, including the seminal volume "DNS
and BIND", "DNS on Windows NT", "DNS on Windows 2000", "DNS on Windows Server
2003", and the "DNS & BIND Cookbook". As the latest step in a distinguished
career, he is serving as VP of Architecture at  Infoblox, a company that
specializes in appliances that offer network services, including DNS and
DHCP.

   NIFTY OF THE MONTH:        To be announced.

   LOCATION:
      Symantec  (formerly Veritas Software Corp.)
      VCAFE Facility
      350 Ellis Street  (near E. Middlefield Road)
      Mountain View, CA 94043

      http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.shtml

 If you have any improvements to make,
 please let SVLUG's volunteers know!
 webmaster {at} svlug -dot- org

POST-MEETING GATHERING:
 restaurant/diner after the meeting.  We'll announce the restaurant
 selection at the meeting.

Mark Weisler