[svlug-announce] SVLUG Mar 1st meeting: "AMANDA Backup Software"

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Feb 27 00:22:37 PST 2006

The Silicon Valley Linux Users Group (SVLUG) meets this Wednesday:

WHEN:

  Wednesday, March 1, 2006
  7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION:

  TOPIC:
    AMANDA Backup Software

  PRESENTED BY:
    Paddy Sreenivasa,  AMANDA Project

  TOPIC SUMMARY:
    AMANDA is a popular open-source backup and archiving
    package. AMANDA uses native tools, and can back up a large number
    of machines running various versions of the Linux, Unix, or
    Microsoft Windows operating systems. This talk will discuss the
    state of AMANDA, and also new project developments. For more
    information, please see http://wiki.zmanda.com/.

  ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
    Paddy Sreenivasan is a core AMANDA developer, working at Zmanda, Inc.

NIFTY OF THE MONTH / OTHER BUSINESS:

   A vote will be held to decide whether SVLUG will renew its special
   interest group (SIG) status with SBAY.

   This month's Nifty time will be split into two presentations, covering
   both positions. Representatives of SBAY's Board will present, followed
   by SVLUG.

   A more detailed announcement can be read here:
     http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug-announce/2006-February/000206.html

LOCATION:

  Symantec  (formerly Veritas Software Corp.)
  VCAFE Facility
  350 Ellis Street  (near E. Middlefield Road)
  Mountain View, CA 94043

    http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.shtml

  webmaster {at} svlug -dot- org

MEETING REFRESHMENTS:

  Open Country (http://www.opencountry.com/) will be graciously providing
  refreshments for this meeting.

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

  restaurant/diner after the meeting.  We'll announce the restaurant
  selection at the meeting.

Bill Kendrick
Speaker Coordinator
Silicon Valley Linux Users Group