[svlug-announce] SVLUG May 07: Adam Bertsch: Linux for PlayStation(r) 2

stevegt at svlug.org stevegt at svlug.org
Fri May 2 19:55:30 PDT 2003

We're pleased to announce the next meeting of the Silicon Valley Linux
Users Group!

WHAT:

  Linux for PlayStation(r) 2

WHEN:

  Wednesday, 07 May, 7pm-9pm or so.

WHO:

  Adam Bertsch, Sony Computer Entertainment

BACKGROUND:

  So what is this Linux for PlayStation(r) 2 kit, anyway? What do I
  get, what can I do with it, and how do I use it? What sort of cool
  stuff are other people doing with the kit? Where do I get more
  information and who can I talk to? We'll learn the answers to these
  questions and then allow the talk to go wherever the group wants to
  take it. Live demos will be available and there will be an
  opportunity for hands-on experience depending on interest after the
  talk.

ABOUT THE SPEAKER:

  Adam Bertsch is a Sr. Systems Administrator at Sony Computer
  Entertainment, America. Adam is responsible for the Linux kit
  website in the United States and Canada as well as evangelism for
  the Linux kit. Adam also pushes Linux within the corporate culture
  at SCEA and works with the Research and Development group in a more
  traditional sysadmin capacity. Adam came to SCEA from VA Linux
  Systems in 2001 where he was a member of the Professional Services
  team working with security, high capacity/availability servers, and
  SourceForge(tm).

WHERE:

Cisco Building 9.  The land of NUMBERS.  The VINEYARDS conference
center.  The side we are on is the Silver Oak/Jordan conference rooms,
where a large Cisco fountain is usually not turned on.  Directions on
how to get there are listed at:

        http://www.svlug.org/directions/cisco-9.shtml

We've tried our very best for these directions to be accurate.  If you
have any improvements to make, please let our Web Team know!
web-team at svlug.org

NOTES:

It's best if you arrive close to on time, as otherwise there may not
be someone posted at the door to let you in.  After the speakers end
their presentation there is usually a Q&A session, time for job
seekers and employers to meet, and often a few door prizes.  When the
meeting is over people are encouraged to chat a bit, but also to exit
the building so Cisco can lock up.  Don't worry, a lot of us go to
dinner afterward so there's plenty of time to chat outdoors or
offsite.