[svlug-announce] New SVLUG Speaker Coordinator needed

Tom Geller svlug@tgeller.com
Sat Nov 3 10:43:03 2001

At the close of December's meeting, I'll be stepping down as the
Speaker Coordinator for SVLUG after one year's service. I've enjoyed
the opportunity to get to know so many amazing people -- speakers,
members and officers alike -- but now it's time to give someone else
the chance.

Here's what the job entails:

* Deciding whom to invite, with input from SVLUG members and officers
* Fielding incoming proposals from members and potential speakers
* Proactively inviting special guests
* Editing the topic description and speaker bio (it should be
   written by the speaker, but sometimes they need some help)
* Confirming with the speaker at least a month in advance,
   and then again a week before their appearance
* Sending out the announcement (one week before) and
   reminder (one day before)
* Taking part in the SVLUG Officers' discussion list
* Introducing the speaker at the event

It takes only a few hours per month, but you have to be
well-organized and unafraid to take charge.

If this appeals to you, please nominate yourself by sending a message
to officers@svlug.org. May the best geek win!

--

           Tom Geller  *  San Francisco * tgeller.com
  Speaker Coordinator, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group (svlug.org)