[svlug-announce] SVLUG Meeting this Wednesday..

Sam Ockman ockman@penguincomputing.com
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:57:51 -0700

On August 2, 2000 at 7PM...SVLUG Presents

         Gnome and Nautilus...

Brought to you in cooperation with Eazel...

Only at Building 9, Cisco Systems, Vineyards Conference Center...

Be There!  Be There!  (Monster Truck Sounds...)
Directions at http://www.svlug.org/directions-cisco-9.shtml

Bart and Ramiro will discuss the current state of development at Eazel
on the Nautilus project and present a road map of the future for the
GNOME desktop on Linux. Their talk will be followed by a question and
answer session.

Bart Decrem, Co-Founder

Prior to joining Eazel, Bart was the founder of Plugged In, a non-profit
community technology access center in East Palo Alto, California. Bart
is one of the nation's leading advocates on Digital Divide issues.  He
is currently working to form a GNOME foundation to combine the interests
of the open source community with those of contributing corporations and
ensure that GNOME remains free software in the public interest. He holds
a J.D. from Stanford University.

Ramiro Estrugo, Software Engineer

One of the first Nautilus hackers at Eazel.  Prior to Eazel he worked at
Netscape on Mozilla, specifically the Unix parts of the Beast.  He is
currently working on Nautilus features such as the embedded web browsing
component and user level customization.

--
Sam Ockman                |  Tell your friends about our reliable
888-PENGUIN               |  Linux Workstations and Servers
www.penguincomputing.com  |  http://www.penguincomputing.com/associate.html