[Smaug] Felton LUG meeting TOMORROW

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Fri Dec 2 16:54:06 PST 2011

Tomorrow the Felton LUG will be meeting. Here's the email from Larry:

Well, that was fast; November, that is. Saturday, as in tomorrow, is the first Saturday of the month, and to accommodate the CERT folks who are meeting on the second Saturday of last month and this month, Felton LUG will be meeting tomorrow, Dec. 3, from 2-6 p.m. at the Felton Fire Station, 133 Kirby, behind the Felton Community Center.

We're going to just have an open meeting for December since I don't have Fedora 16 media -- so run what you brung -- and Bob Lewis will be having a free drawing for a couple of wireless cards.

Starting in 2012, we will be back to the second Saturday of the month, according to a conversation I had yesterday with the fire chief.  Looking to 2012, I'd like to throw out to the group the possibility of having an installfest sometime in either January or February and the Fedora 16 presentation as well. My hope for 2012 would be to have installfests, ideally quarterly but more frequent if there's demand.

Hope you can make it.

Larry Cafiero

If I come, I'll have my old,cranky laptop which now runs Linux Mint 12, which is Ubuntu 11.10 with some shiny new and different and NON-UnITY UI sprayed on the front. I may have a disk to try and maybe a USB stick.

If I come, I'll have my old,cranky laptop which now runs Linux Mint 12, which is Ubuntu 11.10 with some shiny new and different and NON-UNITY UI sprayed on the front. I may have a disk to try and maybe a USB stick.

  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.
  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  UBUNTU:       http://releases.ubuntu.com/