[Smaug] Meetings, Felton and Capitola

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Wed Nov 2 12:06:48 PST 2011

Hi all -

This Saturday there will be a Felton LUG meeting at the Firehouse in Felton, at 2 pm until around 6 pm. Larry Cafiero will be talking about the latest Ubuntu, 11.10. Perhaps he will help make sense out of Unity and Gnome 3, maybe even the Kubuntu. I personally think they are all awful, but maybe Larry will make some converts. I think that Xubuntu isn't bad, and have tried Lubuntu, which is a separate project for a lighter-weight desktop.

I presume 1 or more people will in fact show up for the SMAUG meeting this Thursday. I might, for about 1 1/2 hours.

Peter
  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NattyNarwhal
		http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/