[Smaug] Web site, DNS, organization

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 23 23:32:44 PDT 2011

Quoting Eric Cain (ecain at phosphor.net):

> I had similar problems I had when I left Santa Cruz. I was the previous
> steward of scruz.org. (The domain *expired* before I re-registered it --
> I had been keeping an eye on it)

Pro bono publico, I'll mention the article and Perl script I
(respectively) wrote and had a hand in, for averting domain expiration:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/preventing-expiration.html

However, please notice the footnote:  Expired domains don't actually get
lost until 71 days after expiration.

--
Cheers,       "Please proofread your feature titles. We don't need more letters
Rick Moen     from people reminding us that Mothra's Day isn't until August."