[Smaug] Can't make it ...

Peter Belew abcruzww at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:20:42 PDT 2011

My preference would be that someone, or everyone, contact(s) the
Capitola IHOP and determine whether they are going to keep their wifi
maintained. If they waffle about the wifi (no pun intended!), multiple
people should call the manager and complain.

My reasons: IHOP is pretty quiet late at night, and for people living
in Santa Cruz or at UCSC, it's accessible by bus, being a block from
the Capitola transit center. (I assume some buses will keep on
running). Also it has free and accessible parking.

As for Capitola Village venues - parking uphill on Cliff Drive,
overlooking the Bay, charges $1/hr till 8 pm. Not too bad a walk,
though one should be really careful walking back at night along the
bike path by the cliff. There's also a parking lot uphill from the
Village, off Capitola Ave or Monterey Ave.