[Smaug] Ubuntu Tweak - new configuration tool

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Fri Apr 15 01:09:16 PDT 2011

As some of you know, I like to be able to configure things like boot background screens, login backgrounds and other login images, and so on.

I had been using the program GDM2Setup for configuring the background for the login screen, until natty 11.04 came along. That doesn't seem to be available any more (or yet) for 11.04, so I was looking for something else. The solution is a new program called "Ubuntu Tweak", which allows one to do what I wanted and more.

See

http://ubuntuguide.net/change-login-window-theme-in-ubuntu-9-1010-04-and-higher
http://ubuntu-tweak.com/

I was able to change not only the background of the login screen, but also the 64x64 image in the little login window. (I changed it from the Ubuntu logo to the Manx flag with its 3-legged figure - since Canonical is incorporated in the Isle of Man, a dependent territory of the British Crown).

- Peter
  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       11.04 28 April 2011
		https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NattyNarwhal