[Smaug] Meeting tonight, Felton LUG Saturday

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Thu Sep 2 07:46:09 PDT 2010

As usual, we meet tonight at the IHOP in Capitola. I'll have a CD with the beta of Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat.

Saturday there will be a Felton LUG meeting at the Felton Fire Station at 135 Kerby, from 2pm to about 6pm. There will be a speaker: Glen Worstell will be giving a talk about the UC Santa Cruz Long Marine Lab 'costalab' server administration.

A former test equipment and disk drive designer, Glen came out of retirement lately and launched a second career as a systems admin, database manager, and programmer for the 'costalab' at the Long Marine Laboratories of UCSC.

(Thanks to Larry Cafiero for that information).

- Peter Belew
  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       10.04 LTS April 2010
		https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx