[Smaug] Thursday has come again

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Thu Aug 12 11:29:32 PDT 2010

We'll be at the Capitola IHOP again tonight at 7:30 pm.

BTW there is power and wifi at the IHOP.

Don't forget, Linux Picnic 19 will take place 9 days from now, on Saturday, 21 August, at the Sunnyvale Baylands Park, from 11 am to 4 pm. For information, check the Linux Picnic site, at

  http://www.linuxpicnic.org/twiki/bin/view/Picnix19/

or there's a link on the SMAUG web page. I plan to be attending from 11 to 4, at least. I suggest registering on their site, so that there is enough food and whatever else they might provide for free. I should be able to take 1 or 2 people over there. Sunscreen is recommended.

Volunteers are requested for setup and take-down - details on the picnic site. Donations are, I am sure, welcomed by the picnic organizers.

Remember that there's a $5 charge for parking at the Baylands Park.

FYI this isn't the 19th picnic - it's the 19th anniversary of Linus Torvald's creation of the first Linux kernel.

See you all tonight!

Peter Belew

  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       10.04 LTS April 2010
		https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx