[Smaug] Felton LUG info

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Wed Jul 28 13:35:26 PDT 2010

I just added some links for the Felton LUG in the SMAUG web page (see below). To join their mail list, go to

    http://groups.google.com/group/felton-lug?lnk=srg

The Felton LUG has been tabling at the Felton Farmers Market, next to St John's Catholic Church, every Tuesday afternoon this summer. This will continue a little longer, assuming the Farmer's market management approves that.

I'll be at Cafe Pergolesi at the usual time tomorrow night, though I think a couple of our regulars may have taken off to DEFCON in Los Vegas.

I'll have some minor distros (on CD) to try out - antiX is an example, mostly Debian-based, with a lightweight desktop. Slax (based on Slackware) is another I like.

Some of these have a feature I really like - you can press a function key at boot time and specifically set the graphics resolution you want - this solves the problem of the software not being able to detect your graphics card or monitor capabilities properly.

See you (all?) Thursday at 7:30 pm at Cafe Pergolesi.

- Peter Belew
  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       10.04 LTS April 2010
		https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx