[Smaug] Ubuntu is dropping support for i386,i486,i586 CPUs

Peter Belew abcruzww at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 14:19:58 PDT 2010

That's a good point - there are are lots of distros out there - some of them
lightweight and fast. Puppy is well known, and I've tried it.

A complaint I have about Ubuntu and some others is that they pretty much
want to install *everything* - to make it easy for the novices.

Thanks -

  Peter

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Paul Thomas <orbital04 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Due to the codebloat in Karmic, I've migrated to the 'Lucid Puppy' Puppy
> Linux
> on a flashstick for general purposes. My old laptop has never been faster.
>
> --Paul

you have a UNIX or Linux or BSD server for backups.