[Smaug] Fedora, Firefox, and Flash

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Wed Jul 14 20:19:20 PDT 2010

I had difficult installing Flash in Firefox on Fedora 11 and 13, so I found this procedure for doing so in a web search, and made a little shell script for doing this:

#!/bin/sh
rpm -ivh http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux
mkdir -p /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
yum install flash-plugin
mkdir /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped
mozilla-plugin-config -i -g -v

I got this from:

http://jonesin.jeremyjones.com/blog/2009/06/how-to-install-adobe-flash-player-on-linux-fedora-firefox/

There's a typo in the web page - that's "rpm --import" in Step 2. Also it was necessary for me to create the directory in the next-to-last line of my script.

Peter Belew

  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       10.04 LTS April 2010
		https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx