[Smaug] Thursday

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Tue Jul 13 13:48:50 PDT 2010

This Thursday there will be another SMAUG meeting at Cafe Pergolesi.

The suggestion has been made to have some meetings at the Capitola IHOP. My only reservation there is that there are few, if any, power outlets in that restaurant. At one time, we met in the back room, and someone on the staff provided us with a long power cord.

However, my experience lately is that the back room is often "closed", and also that the wifi signal may not be so good in that part of the building. These issues need investigation.

Another issue is that meals aren't particularly cheap at IHOP - that affects me.

Anyhow, it's a subject for discussion on Thursday evening at Pergolesi.

BTW I just installed Fedora 11 on one of my 'old' VIA computer systems - considered to be a 586 by Fedora installers, but a 686 by Ubuntu, even though it lacks a couple of 686 instructions.

F11 runs well, though. F13 runs well on my 'old' laptop.

- Peter Belew

  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       10.04 LTS April 2010
		https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx