[Smaug] Pergolesi again

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Thu Jul 8 17:04:45 PDT 2010

I'll be showing up on my own by 7:30 at Cafe Pergolesi.

I figured out how to set splash screen backgrounds on Fedora 13 for both the grub menu and the gdm login screen.

The former:

  http://www.katspace.org/computers/Grub_Splash/

The latter: There isn't a login screen program "Login Screen" or "Login Screen (GDM2setup" in the System>Administration menu as in Ubuntu. What you do is to use the use the normal screen background dialog and click on the "Default" button. That background is used for the login background.

Peter

  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       10.04 LTS April 2010
		https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx