[Smaug] Felton LUG on July 10, not July 3

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Thu Jul 1 11:04:43 PDT 2010

For those not on the Felton LUG list -

The Felton LUG will be meeting on Saturday, July 10, at 2 pm in the firehouse in Felton. It was postponed a week due to the Independence Day holiday.

Larry will be speaking about Fedora 13. I have Fedora 13 running in an Oracle VirtualBox VM on one system, and tried the live CD on my old laptop - it seems to work mostly ok. There is a problem on the VM with FireFox crashing after an update - possibly that's been solved since yesterday, or possibly I have low memory in the VM. I installed another browser instead, for the time being.

As before, I have only two machines that the Fedora live CD will run on - it requires i686-class CPUs, and none of my other computers qualify. The live CD lets you know right away when you try to boot it!

NOTE: today is the 2nd alpha release of Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat". I haven't checked yet to see if it's available - the Ubuntu releases don't seem to happen until the mid-to-late afternoon on release days. I'll download the live CD and try it.

Peter Belew

  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       10.04 LTS April 2010
		https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx