[Smaug] Meetings the next 2 Wednesdays

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Thu Dec 17 22:47:34 PST 2009

Let's have meetings the next 2 wednesdays:

Dec 23
Dec 30

Keith and Ian suggested that, or maybe I did and they liked it.

I demoed my weird Lucid Lynx screen bug tonight at the meeting, but Chris had figured out why various people's wifi with Asana's WPA key wasn't working last time (including on my laptop). It had to do with some protocol that wasn't implemented for determining what encryption had to be used.

Also apparently they are changing their WPA key frequently now.

Yesterday I did install Lucid Lynx on a couple of systems that also have had weird screen problems in the past, but now seem to work reasonably well under Lucid. They both do something weird with the background screen when shutting down - part of the image appears magnified on the screen, and the system doesn't shut down all the way.

So, how about Wednesdays the next 2 weeks?

Peter

  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       10.04 LTS first alpha release on Dec 10!
		https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx
  SuSE:		http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_11.2