[Smaug] Where is a user's screen resolution saved?

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Mon Dec 14 12:08:23 PST 2009

Under Gnome (etc.) where is a user's preferred screen resolution saved?

I don't mean xorg.conf - that's global - I mean where is the setting an individual user makes with the System>Preferences>Display dialog stored? I would presume in a 'dot' ('hidden') file or directory in the users home directory.

This may vary by distro - I'm interested in Ubuntu in particular.

Peter

  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       10.04 LTS first alpha release on Dec 10!
		https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx
  SuSE:		http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_11.2