[Smaug] Fun with Lynxes

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Fri Dec 11 11:02:05 PST 2009

I did install Lucid Lynx yesterday on my infamous laptop, and it worked pretty well initially, though for some reason NetworkManager had some problem with the WPA setup at Asana. (At home, wireless worked fine on my network, which uses a WEP key and MAC address filtering).

But after an update later last night or early this morning, the screen display went crazy:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+bug/495553

The attached picture says it all. :(

  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       10.04 LTS first alpha release on Dec 10!
		https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx
  SuSE:		http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_11.2