[Smaug] Meeting tonight, and news

Alexis Chen alexischen2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 12:44:52 PST 2009

Thanks, Peter.

I am 95% over a head cold.  If I am a 99-100% this evening, I will be there.  At long last.  (It has been a busy schedule for me this semester.)

Meanwhile, an old high school friend emailed me about an issue.  He is a dipping his toe into linux after much wallowing in you-know-what.  (His dad was an IBMer in Almaden.)  It is as follows:

So I've got this netbook with a 4GB SSD hard drive and ubuntu
installed. I ran one system update and it filled up the entire hard
drive. I was going to clear out the localization, but I can't figure
out how to do it, or how to free up space in any meaningful way.

Any thoughts?  Thanks, in advance, Guys.

-Alexis