[Smaug] Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 upgrade

Peter Belew abcruzww at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 16:15:08 PST 2009

I did have one problem - on one of the two systems, mounting the ISO
and then upgrading from (plus the Internet for further upgrades) -
that failed partway through - after most of the files had been copied.
Then I tried again, specifying that only the CD (image) was to be used
- but it STILL complained that it couldn't get files from the
Internet, aborted the install, and reverted to 9.04. I then actually
burned a CD and started the upgrade from that - it's done copying all
the files, now, and it looks like the installation will complete fine.

The other system is nearly done with the update, using the mounted ISO
image. No problem with that one!