[Smaug] Fedora 12 Beta now available

Peter Belew abcruzww at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 15:27:44 PST 2009

Yes, as you and others have pointed out, stripping down what's
automatically installed by some distros is a good idea. Even better
would be a better control over installing the initial packages than
Ubuntu etc. provide. FreeBSD does a really good job of that, for
example - a minimal install can be done in a very few minutes, even
online, and then one can add packages at will .. building them or
installing binaries.