[Smaug] Ubuntu 9.10 RC is downloadable today

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Thu Oct 22 11:32:24 PDT 2009

The Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 RC ISOs are available today. I'm using the Portland State mirror:

  http://mirrors.cat.pdx.edu/ubuntu-releases/9.10/

If you have a chance, please download it, run as live CD, or install it on something, keep updating, and in either case, report bugs. On a GUI system, the recommended way to report bugs is with ubuntu-bug.

  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

There are lots of bugs, and the final release is only a week off, so reports are needed!

  http://www.ubuntu.com/

Back to watching ballet on Santa Cruz Community TV while reporting bugs ... and maybe doing my UCSC homework. :)

Oh - apropos of my quote about backups in my signature file (below) - Ubuntu is providing a backup service called "Ubuntu One" - interesting! Free for up to 2 GB.

Peter

  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       9.10 release on Oct 29! http://www.ubuntu.com/