[Smaug] Location, location, location

Peter Belew peterbe at sonic.net
Thu Oct 22 01:15:12 PDT 2009

Hi everyone ...

I'd like some feedback regarding locations for our meetings. The last couple of meetings were held at Asana Teas downtown. http://www.asanateas.com/ The place is nice, and they seem to have generally Ok wifi. A larger meeting might not be too possible, since they have a limited number of small tables; however, only a few people showed up.

For the last couple of years, most of our meetings have been held at the Pacific Avenue Pizza & Grille. But they were more interested in keeping their employees cool than in keeping their customers warm (on a cold evening).

We've tried the IHOP in Capitola a couple of times - there was a problem with weak wifi there, so we went back to Pacific Ave Pizza.

Should we keep on having weekly meetings? Should we meet at all? Should we try to combine forces with some other LUG? What do you all want?

Speak up!

Peter

  That's why you have a Linux/BSD/UNIX server for backups.

  SMAUG:        http://scruz.org/
  My Web:       http://littlegreenmen.armory.com/~peterbe/
  UBUNTU:       9.10 release on Oct 29! http://www.ubuntu.com/