[Smaug] 10 days to Ubuntu Karmic RC

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:11:19 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Peter Belew <peterbe at sonic.net> wrote:
> I just noticed it's only 10 days till Canonical's RC (Release Candidate) version of Karmic Koala 9.10.
>
> So anybody testing should be aware there will probably be a code freeze 2 or 3 days before that.
>
> There are lots of glitches to be un-gliched, I can tell you!

Hi Peter,

If you only want to work with finished products I recommend you just
wait for the release on the 29th.  The schedule is at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicReleaseSchedule

Every piece of software has bugs of one kind or another.  I just
tripped over one in network-manager that has already been reported.  I
hope you are able to find the time (always the key) to report the ones
you have found.  In the latest Ubuntu Weekly News there are several
positive reviews of Karmic.  See sections 9. In The Press and 10. In
The Blogosphere.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue163

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam