[Smaug] Fwd: Invitation to Linux.com

Peter Belew abcruzww at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 19:33:27 PDT 2009

This sounds good.

Peter

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Proffitt <brian at linux.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 6:22 PM
Subject: Invitation to Linux.com
To: peterbe at sonic.net

Good evening Peter,

My name is Brian Proffitt, Community Manager for the Linux Foundation.
I wanted to invite you and the rest of the members of Smaug to visit
and join the new Linux.com site. There, you can use our community
tools and features to help communicate with current and potential new
members.

As members of Linux.com, you can:

Create a Group for your LUG that will allow you to organize events,
share new ideas, and reach out to Linux users.
Use our Events calendar to advertise events; eventually our site will
match local visitors to Linux.com to events in their area.
Tap into our Forums to give your members access to updated Linux help
and support

I hope you and your members will find Linux.com useful for your
organization, and please let us know if there's other ways we can
assist you!

--
Brian Proffitt
Community Manager