[Smaug] Meeting Monday

Peter Belew abcruzww at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:20:57 PDT 2009

We just moved IN to Santa Cruz when Tiny's closed. The former location
is more convenient than downtown to all the people who attend most
regularly  (Myself, Chris, Ian, Keith G.) and there's more and cheaper
parking.

It's less convenient to UCSC students, but they seldom show up anyway.
There are a few people living near or in downtown, who show up from
time to time, but not regularly.

Santa Cruz Diner seems like it would be too crowded. IHOP is generally
a family place, as was Tiny's, for the most part, so the noise level
would be about as low. That's just a guess.

But we don't know THIS chains policies and whether they will have wireless.

Another issue - there may be more clientele at the Pizza & Grille in
the summer, so we may want to shift back to meeting later.

Yet another issue - the staff at the Pizza & Grille tend to leave the
front doors open a lot, so smoke gets in (sucked in by the exhaust fan
in the kitchen) and it gets cold as well. Street people downtown
aren't to sensitive to such issues, either.

And the food isn't as healthy as what Tiny's served. I basically
shouldn't be eating ANYthing the pizza place serves. I'd have to see
what IHOP serves at night in addition to their pancakes etc. (actually
omelettes would be fine for me).

Peter