[Smaug] Meeting tonight

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Mon May 18 15:22:12 PDT 2009

Hello Karsten!  Competition is healthy for driving innovation to
benefit end-users.  We are all working from (mostly) the same upstream
sources and every distro uses code created by other distros.  A rising
(GNU/Linux) tide lifts all ships.  Of course Red Hat and Fedora have
contributed a huge amount of code that is used by other distributions
in keeping with the Foundations. [1]

In Ubuntu's case, being based on Debian has inherent strengths and
weaknesses compared to other distributions.  I look forward to meeting
you sometime when I can get to Santa Cruz again.  It's quite a drive
for me to do every week.

Regards,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow at gmail.com>