[Smaug] santa cruz SIGs ?

Anthony Ettinger anthony at chovy.com
Mon Feb 26 14:39:34 PST 2007

Sean Kellogg wrote:
> Anthony -
>
> I haven't been able to find anything like that, but if you do, please let me
> know.  I'm new to Santa Cruz (well, I guess I've been here for almost six
> months now), so I'm cut off from my usual technology friends, and SLUGLug and
> SMAUG just don't really "do it" for me.  SLUGLug seems way to unorganized and
> the SMAUG folks are so general in their focus that it doesn't really push me
> to learn new things.
>
> But, I'd love to learn more about the topics you mentioned.  You seem to have
> done a lot of different things in your day.  If you can't find a group like
> you describe, but still have an interesting in attending one, I'd be all for
> setting something up.  I'm just starting to teach myself Flash and I will
> probably need all the help I can get in terms of accessibility and interface.
>
> I might also be a decent resource myself...  I've got 5 years of perl
> programing under my belt and have done some neat stuff with AJAX these past
> six months.  If you're interested, drop me a line.
>
> -Sean

Hi Sean,

I would be interested - perhaps Smaug will give us a link off scruz.org
if we start a "WebDev SIG" on this side of the hill.

I've found a few others -- but nothing local.

My interests are mainly front-end (xhtml, css, javascript/ajax) + open
source LAMP and web development best practices - as well as accessibility.

I don't know anyone on this side of the hill, but perhaps there are
other Smaug members out there who would be interested?

--
Anthony