[Smaug] tiny's has closed

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 18 14:48:16 PDT 2006

Quoting Matt King (mking at santacruzsentinel.com):

> I'm looking for someone to talk to about Tiny's please give me a call

Just for the group's collective knowledge:  Peter wrote to Matt off-list
in e-mail, and I also just telephoned him to chat.  It's a mystery
what's going on with Tiny's management, but it'd be a good idea to
check occasionally, in case it reopens.  The food's good, the place is
pleasant and spacious, there's wireless, and in generally it worked
really well for Smaug.

A few more things:

1.  I see that someone, probably Peter, has updated the Web site to (1)
show Pacific Avenue Pizza and Grille as the meeting venue and (2) update
the listed dates.

2.  Peter(?) still went with _weekly_ Monday-night 8pm meetings.  I'd
strongly suggest that, if there isn't at least one person regularly
making it _every_ Monday night that it be cut back to monthly.
Experience suggests that few things are as fatal to a Linux user group
as people showing up for listed events and finding nobody there.  (Why?
Because they'll tend not to believe any _other_ event announcements.)

3.  _Please_ check to see if Pacific Avenue Pizza has conflicting
events.  (Remember 99 Bottles and its karaoke nights?)

4.  Linux Picnic is tomorrow (Saturday, 11-5) at Baylands Park,
Sunnyvale.  Please consider coming:  It's fun, and you get free food.
(You'll want to RSVP at http://www.linuxpicnic.org/ .)

If possible, let Picnic organiser Jennifer Davis know ASAP that you're
willing to help as a volunteer.  (See the "Volunteer Info" link.)