[Smaug] Ubuntu / Debian install problem

Rob Beckett subwolf at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 21:29:12 PDT 2006

Peter,

I forget the switch, I thought it was -f, but since that's a "keep
going" option, perhaps best not to. I'd try to remove cupsys and it's
related packages, and then start over installing ubuntu-desktop again,
which will install cupsys from scratch, since it's a dependency.

On the other hand, in case it's just that the
/usr/share/doc/cupsys/online-docs/ files are missing, you could try
downloading http://blogshares.com/rob/cupsys-online-docs.tar.gz
(500k, from current Dapper install) moving it into the aforementioned
directory, and extract with 'tar xvzf cupsys-online-docs.tar.gz' -
however, I suspect other files may be missing.

Cheers,

Rob Beckett
Santa Cruz Tech