[Smaug] WiFi testing at Baylands Park this Sunday.

William Estrada MrUmunhum at popdial.com
Thu Aug 10 14:18:09 PDT 2006

  Sorry if this get multiple postings.

  For those of you that don't know, SVWUX is arranging WiFi access at the upcoming Linux Picnic on
August 19th, 2006.  We will be doing a dress reversal next Sunday at 5:00 until dark (I guess).

  You are invited to help with the testing from all the areas that we have reserved.  See 'Park
Reservation' section of: http://www.linuxpicnic.org/twiki/bin/view/Picnix15/.  You will need a
computer or router with wireless client mode (example WRT54G).  PG&E is available at the picnic
areas but not in the parking lots.

  Testing will be ad hoc ( no test plans ).  What we are testing is availability in the picnic
areas.  If you have an external antenna for your wireless, bring it just in case you need it.

  We have tested the Internet access from the park parking lot to Finisar and it is strong and solid.
Thanks Chip.

  If you feel like helping, just show up at 5:00.  I will be there at 4:00 to set up the Finisar Link.
If you see a Red Jeep with WiFi antennas on the roof, that's me.

  See http://www.svwux.org/twiki/bin/view/SVWUX/MeetingSummary20060809#Linux_Picnic_plans.

  Thanks for your time.

--
William Estrada

Email      : MrUmunhum at popdial dot com
Resume     : www.Mt-Umunhum-Wireless.net/resume/william_estrada.html
HTTP       : www.Mt-Umunhum-Wireless.net