[Smaug] Fwd: Re: Fwd: installfest!

Peter Belew abcruzww at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 20:21:04 PDT 2006

Here's a possible solution:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ntfsresize

If that's on a live disk (knoppix, the Ubuntu live disk, etc.) then
you can run the live disk and run Ntfsresize from it. It will
apparently handle moving the files down on the disk. Possibly running
Windows defrag first would help anyway, to reduce the amount of work
Ntfsresize has to do; I don't know.

I tried a windows program called pagedefrag (which can be set up to
run at boot time), but it doesn't move files 'down' either. It might
be useful for the general Windows user though.

 - Peter