[Smaug] UCSC Linux Install Bash!

Adam Thompson adothompson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:49:40 PST 2006

Hello,
My name is Adam the individual behind the class/lab that Shaeleya
mentioned was studying Linux and putting on a Linux Installfest at
UCSC.

First the general plan
(http://students.giip.ucsc.edu/course/view.php?id=6 feel free to login
as guest) is to have students learn about various Linux distributions
(Redat Fedora, OpenSUSE, Ubuntu and it's derivatives, Debian, etc) and
then work on introducing Linux to the community. This course will be
happening each quarter for the foreseeable future, so if there is
interest in participating there will be plent of opportunities.

I had a couple of questions for the group that I'm still trying to
resolve about working with Linux and Installfests:

1. Is anyone that is experienced with dual booting Linux/Windows?  I'm
not at all and need to test it so I can show my students this
Thursday.

2. What's the deal with wireless and linux?  In the past I've had
troubles and it either works or doesn't.

3. Any other issues with the Installfest that you think we should prepare for.

Thanks in advance for your help and participation.  I hope to come see
you today (mon) at Tiny's.

Very best, adam

--
Adam Thompson
Associate Director for Programs & Instruction