[Smaug] UCSC Linux Install Bash!

Meg McRoberts dreidellhasa at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 17:35:31 PST 2006

Whoops -- I'm actually running Mandriva -- you'd think I could
get the name right!  ;-)

Has anyone played with Linspire?  I have a friend who likes to play
with different distros.  She tried this out soon after it first came
out, prepared to scoff at it, and was actually quite impressed -- she
had one piece of esoteric hardware and Linspire installed smoothly on
it when several other distros did not...  She said it was a very stripped-
down distro but had a very nice utility for downloading additional
features.

Anyhow, that's why I asked what the purpose of this InstallFest is.  Are
you saying that it's only to look at non-commercial distros?

I'd love to hear how the day goes -- I don't think I can make it, alas...

meg