[Smaug] UCSC Linux Install Bash!

Meg McRoberts dreidellhasa at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 15:27:47 PST 2006

Just passing thoughts from a lurker on the list...

What is the purpose of an installfest like this?  I would think one would want
to try to install as many different distros as possible for the experience and
to compare and contrast.  And I might give some priority to the distros that are
most widely used in business for the students who will soon be hitting the job
market -- that would be RedHat (which I find fairly noxious myself), SuSE, and
Debian, I think, maybe also Mandrake.  And then definitely do some of the more
esoteric favorites and have some serious geek fun.  You'll certainly learn
something that will come in handy the next time someone asks for a recommendation
on a distro...

Just a thought -- use or ignore as you choose ;-)
meg