[Smaug] Linux Management Survey Results

Andi Mann amann at enterprisemanagement.com
Mon Feb 13 14:06:05 PST 2006

Hi,

You might remember in November last year, I asked for assistance from
members of the Santa Cruz Linux User Group for our research on the cost
and effort involved in managing Linux server environments. Your members'
telephone survey and in-depth interviews to get a vendor-neutral look at
Linux system management.

Well, the study is complete now, and I promised to send it to you when
it was done. You can get the executive summary from OSDL's web site at
http://osdl.org/newsroom/studies/EMA, and the full PDF is available at
the web site of the main sponsor (Levanta) at
http://www.levanta.com/linuxstudy/. Please feel free to pass these links
along to your members, at your discretion. Both the summary and the full
report are available free of charge.

I want to thank you again for your help with collecting primary data for
this study. Due to the anonymous nature of the web survey, I cannot be
sure that your members contributed, but I am sure they will be
interested to see the results anyway.

If you have any questions or comment, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Andi Mann

Senior Analyst

Enterprise Management Associates.